In the December 2012 issue, Quality Progress magazine (www.qualityprogress.com) reported that ASQ certifications are associated with higher salaries. Additionally, salaries are even higher for those who hold more than one certification! Certifications are valuable career assets that can compensate for lack of a degree, open doors, and be especially valuable when it is time to change jobs.
Come join ASQ Olde Colony online for a fast-paced, enjoyable educational experience and advance your career with strategic use of certifications!
***BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND***
The next CMQ/OE exam date is Saturday, October 2, 2013. To help you pass on the first try, ASQ Olde Colony is offering an online course refresher:
Our instructor, ASQ Fellow Anthony DeMarinis, holds BS degrees in Biology and Microbiology from Penn State University and a MS degree in Total Quality from The National Graduate School. Tony’s experience includes employment with the Sealed Air Corp as Quality Manager, with Davol, Inc., as a Quality Systems Manager, with Scott Laboratories as the Director of Quality Assurance and at the National Cancer Institute as a Sr. Microbiologist. He is an ASQ Fellow, a Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Certified Quality Auditor-Biomedical and a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt. Tony has over 30 years of experience using Quality Management techniques and value added auditing, including direct involvement with FDA and ISO audits.
- Online (virtual) Course, thus instructor and students can be anywhere, as long as they have a computer with broadband internet access. Audio connection may be achieved via telephone or a computer equipped with a USB headset using VoIP technology. No driving is necessary.
- Our section coordinators handle online facilities management, allowing both instructor and students to concentrate on course content. The coordinators schedule classes, e- mail class invitations and recording links, and monitor classroom sessions to ensure a satisfactory online experience.
- All sessions are recorded, archived, and available to students throughout the duration of the course, until the exam date.
- Begins Monday, July 22, 2013, and conducted for eighteen, 1.5 hour sessions. Thus, this course will end before the Saturday, October 5, 2013 exam date.
- Classes are Monday and Thursday evenings, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. E.D.T. The time permits one to start the training session right at the end of the work day from their desk, and the one and a half hour duration allows the student to absorb the material without being overwhelmed, and get home at a reasonable time.
- The Quality Council of Indiana’s Certified Manager of Quality Primer will be the primary text for the course. Each student is responsible for ordering their own copy of the CMQ primer at www.qualitycouncil.com (ASQ Olde Colony students receive a discount once we reach minimum number of students)
- Because this course takes place completely online, there will not be a central physical location to hand out hardcopy training materials. Therefore, the instructor will distribute handouts via e-mail, typically in the form of Adobe PDF files.
- You must successfully complete the entire course before Recertification Units and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded by the instructor.
- ASQ Olde Colony discounted member price is $549. We invite ASQ members outside of the Olde Colony Section 0111 to take advantage of this discount as well.
For registration and payment information contact our Education Chair, Rochelle Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org ASQ Olde Colony makes no warranty expressed or implied that your participation in this course will ensure that you will pass the certification exam.
*ASQ Olde Colony Section 0111 reserves the right to cancel/reschedule the course, or change instructors.
In 2013, the ASQ Olde Colony Section 0111 will award a total of $1650 to member-sponsored high school and college students through the ROGER MAXIMUK SCHOLARSHIP.
You can help the section continue to fund “quality” students during these challenging economic times by promoting its educational opportunities for ASQ members.
ASQ Olde Colony Section 0111 Course Withdrawal Policy for Online CMQ/OE course starting July 22, 2013:
If you need to cancel your registration or withdraw from the course, we will refund your
paid registration fee as noted below:
- Requests for cancellations/withdrawal received by July 15, 2013 receive a full refund, or the course fees may be transferred to another ASQ Olde Colony Section 0111 course of your choice.
- Requests received by July 29, 2013 incur a 25% processing fee, with the balance credited to a future course, only if ASQ Olde Colony Section 0111 maintains the minimum number of 7 registered students required to conduct the course when you request a withdrawal, otherwise see 3 below.
- Requests received by July 29, 2013 , if ASQ Olde Colony Section 0111 does not maintain the minimum number of 7 registered students required to conduct the course when you request a withdrawal incur a forfeit of all course fees.
- There are no refunds or transfers past August 1, 2013.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
ASQ Olde Colony price is $749, if registering after July 17, 2013. Non-member pricing add 10% to member price.
I liked this class. The instructor’s relaxed demeanor and thorough knowledge of quality management allowed me to sit back and relax and learn and not have to worry if he was knowledgeable enough for the subject. The course could be improved by paying more attention to the blue questions rather than asking for questions from the students. In the future, the instructor should pick a few, depending on the chapter length or Bloom’s taxonomy, and work through them in class. I would recommend your class. —Charles L. Killam, III, Senior Quality Engineer Smiths Tubular Systems
Laconia, New Hampshire
The instructor was excellent, giving real world examples. This course catered to top management for a better understanding of quality. —Rob Wells, Director of Quality Primex Plastics Corporation Richmond, Indiana