This is a ground floor opportunity for the Supplier Quality Engineer to develop processes and procedures of the quality department, and be instrumental in growing this key area.
Kemper Valve & Fittings Corp. has been manufacturing and selling high-quality pressure pipe unions and related oilfield fluid control products in the United States since 1965. The employees of Kemper Valve & Fittings share a common commitment to the quality of the products we’ve been making for over 40 years. To this day, despite our steady growth and the increasing depth of our catalog, Kemper products continue to be 100% manufactured, certified and serviced in the U.S.A.
Be a part of a privately owned company that cares about it’s employees-we also offer benefit package that is outstanding.
Summary: Address and resolve quality related issues with suppliers. Issue Supplier Corrective actions and follow them to completion to insure that incoming product quality is continually improving. Understand supplier process. Communicate KVF requirements to suppliers and insure those requirements are met. Monitor supplier performance, as well as guide supplier corrective actions. Act as supplier quality representative in daily MRB meetings.
Requirements: The ideal applicant will possess integrity, a strong work ethic and ability to relate well to people on many different levels. A self-motivated individual, able to multi-task under pressure in a fast paced environment, will find success at Kemper.
• 5 years documented experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer
• Strong background in metallurgy of low-Carbon, High-alloy steels
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
• ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
• Two years experience with Metal Processing (Forging, Casting, heat treating, machining)
• ISO-9001 audit experience-ASQ CQA a plus
• Familiarity with API Q1 quality systems
• Willingness and ability to travel 40% of the time or more (home most weekends)
• Relocation assistance is offered
Benefits: Kemper Valve and Fittings offers a potential bonus, based on individual performance and company profitability. Benefits include: health and dental insurance, life insurance, generous 401(k) retirement plan, and profit sharing plan.