We had 2 presentations and 46 people in attendance:
- Benefits of Certification and Recertification by Sandra Stroli and James Schlichting
- Recertification Process by Merle Goddard and Don Gatz
- Raffle Prize winners were:
Click the link below to see the slides from the presentations.
Click the Eventbrite logo, above, to register for the event at Dover Straits in Mundelien.
5:30 – 6:00 PM Sandra Stroli and James Schlichting will explain the benefits of certification and why re-certification is important.
We’ll break for networking and dinner from 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
7:00 – 8:00 Merle Goddard and Don Gatza will explain the recertification process. They look forward assisting you with your customized package for submission. Bring your packages to be reviewed! Recertification only takes a minimum of time to
do ‘on the spot’.
Plan to join us to gain knowledge on how to develop a personal process improvement for your recertification efforts. All of these people have decades of experience.
Sandra Stroli offers 30 years of experience working with corporate organizations in quality and regulatory compliance. Sandra has raised the voice of quality in her community, ASQ and all those who understand that quality is critically important and benefit from her dedicated involvement. She is a regional councilor for the FDC division, membership chair for the local ASQ section 1212 and work with ASQ Learning Offering teaching the CQA auditing class.
Sandra has held various managerial, supervisory, project management and individual contributor positions with Abbott, Kellogg Company and Zimmer Biomet.
- BS in Food Science from the University of Wisconsin
MS in Clinical Nutrition from the University of Wisconsin,
- MBA in International Business from Franklin University
- Graduate Certificate in Regulatory and Compliance.
- Reviewer for the Certified Quality Auditor and The Certified Pharmaceutical GMP”handbooks , written 2 technical articles, and a co-author for the technical standard “Best Practices for Biomedical Research in Drug Development.
Sandy also holds several certifications including:ASQ CMQOE, CQA, CBA, CHA, Exemplar Global (RABQSA-LA) and Certified Trainer for the CQA refresher course.
Sandy has worked with several of ASQ Division in promoting Quality as a regional councilor for Region 12 for the Quality Management Division -QMD, Audit Division-AD, Health Care Division HCD and Food, Drug and Cosmetic Divisions (FD&C).
Sandy is also a member of the Technical Program Committee (TPC) for the World Conference in St. Louis. She will work with several of the key speakers of the conference reviewing and assisting them with their presentation material for the conference.
James Schlichting has 37 years of engineering and management experience.
- 12 years at IBM in a semiconductor pilot plant as a manufacturing and development engineer.
- 8 years at Valspar in resin and coatings plants as a process development and validation manager.
- 16 years at Abbott in engineering, product and quality assurance for diagnostic devices
- BS Chemistry, U of Minnesota
- MS Chemical Engineering, U of Wisconsin
- MBA Northern Illinois University (NIU)
- MS Management Information Systems NIU
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Illinois.
- Through ASQ Mr. Schlichting is a
- CSSBB, CQE, CRE, CSQE, CQA, CQM/OE, CPGP
- Published through ASQ “The Executive Guide to Understanding and Implementing Lean Six Sigma”, 6 IBM technical disclosures, 4 technical articles, and a chapter of the ASQ’s Certified Quality Manager Handbook.
James is actively involved in technical organizations:
- The American Society for Quality’s (ASQ); past chair NE Illinois section 1212, senior member
- Chapter Representative for Lake County chapter of the Illinois Society of Professional Engineers (ISPE, NSPE)
- Board Member of the Illinois State Board of Professional Engineers