To help prepare our members for the June 2017 CQE Exam, the Northeastern Illinois Section (1212) will be providing a CQE Refresher class
What is a Certified Quality Engineer?
“The Certified Quality Engineer is a professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to, development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, familiarity with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.” borrowed from ASQ.org
Why would I want to become a CQE?
A professional certification offers tangible benefits to both the individual and the employer. Invest in yourself and your career with this mark of excellence. Gain an advantage over your competition, and increase the potential of earning a higher salary.
- Differentiate yourself. ASQ certification is a formal recognition that an individual has demonstrated a proficiency within, and comprehension of, a specific body of knowledge.
- Enhance career opportunities and earning capacity. Earning a certification from ASQ can mean a lot as you work your way up in your career. According to the Quality Progress Salary Survey, Quality professionals in the U.S. with an ASQ certification can make more than those without an ASQ certification
- Help you evaluate people and opportunities. ASQ certifications can help you open career doors and find doors you didn’t know existed. People with ASQ credentials don’t just improve their companies’ bottom lines; they build careers
- Increase peer and leadership confidence in you. Using information from the body of knowledge of a specific certification shows others that you have a proven skill set and you understand how to apply it to everyday life
- Expand your social network. ASQ certifications can help you connect with like-minded quality professionals to share your knowledge and to make the world work better
This class prepares the student for the CQE certification examination, which is a requirement for certification. It is a refresher class covering the CQE body of knowledge and it is assumed that the student has some familiarity with most of the materials to be covered through job experience or prior education. Although we cannot guarantee that the student will pass the examination, students with adequate study should be able to pass. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for the ASQ exam.
ASQ offers CQE exams six times per year and this class is structured to prepare students for the June 2 – 18, 2017 exam. The open book exam consists of 175 multiple-choice questions that measure comprehension of the CQE Body of Knowledge. It is a computer delivered five-and-a-half-hour exam. To learn more about the process and requirements, see https://asq.org/cert/quality-engineer
The classes will be conducted for eight weeks on Monday nights from 4/3/2017 through 5/22/2017. Each session will start at 5 pm and conclude by 8 PM and will be held at Baxter Healthcare in Roundlake, IL.
Class Costs and Class Materials
Tuition is $495 for ASQ members ($595 for non-members) and does not include class materials. The tuition is payable at the time of registration using www.eventbrite.com. Classes will use the CQE Primer and CQE Solutions. Both must be purchased by the student prior to the first class. http://www.qualitycouncil.com/CQE.html. The electronic exam CD, while helpful, is not required.
- CQE Refresher Class is open to all ASQ members
- Class will be held Thursday nights from 4/6/2017 through 5/25/2017 from 5:00p to 8:00p at Baxter Healthcare in Roundlake, IL.
- Tuition is $495 for ASQ members ($595 for non-members) and does not include materials. Students will need to purchase both the CQE Primer and CQE Solutions prior to the first class from http://www.qualitycouncil.com/CQE.html
- Register at eventbrite.com