The December membership meeting is at Dover Straits, 890 East US Route 45, Mundelein. Pre-Meeting Presentation 5:30 – 6:00 pm Dinner,
6:00-7:00 pm: Networking
7:00 – 8:00 pm : Main Presentation
Reserve your spot using the Eventbrite link here.
Join us on Thursday, December 21, starting at 5:30 p.m. at Dover Straits restaurant for our annual Quality Celebration, where we will have fun (and gifts) exchanged for all participants! Please bring a wrapped “White Elephant” gift with you, and we will have some seasonally appropriate fun. (Please, don’t spend any money; feel free to re-gift something that might be useful to someone else at our gathering.)
In the Spirit of the Season for Giving, we also use our December meeting to bring special focus to a charity that lives the giving spirit year-round.
Special Leisure Services Foundation (SLSF) supports Northwest Suburban Recreational Association (NWSRA) through fundraising and charitable events.
SLFSF’s Mission Statement – “We exist to support and promote outstanding opportunities through recreation for children and adults with disabilities in cooperation with Northwest Special Recreation Association.”
Funds raised through business partnerships, fundraising events, grants and individual donors support 5 focus areas, including:
- Transportation – Purchasing wheelchair accessible vehicles for attending weekly programs, special events, trips and more.
- Scholarships – Offers financial support for those in need, enabling them to participate in NWSRA activities
- Inclusion – Enabling children and adults with disabilities to participate in their home park district
- Athletics – Providing support to Lightning athletes who have the opportunity to compete in various athletic opportunities.
- Programs – Purchasing equipment and supplies to enhance recreational experiences.
Last year the SLSF supported 17 suburbs and 3700 people with disabilities.
The main speakers for the 12/21/17 section meeting will be: Cathy Spett and Megan O’Brien from SLSF.