Thanks for joining the ASQ 1212 Northeastern Illinois section of the America Society for Quality.
ASQ 1212 began in 1976. Our current roster lists over 700 members. We believe careers in many industries and organizations offer unique challenges to quality professionals. A support system of fellow-practitioners helps.
ASQ 1212 highlights include the following:
- 10 Monthly section meeting (Sept to June) – For re-certification credit, attendees typically can earn 0.6 Re-certification Units per month for the Pre-meeting Clinic and the main presentation. Meetings are usually the 3rd Thursday of the month at a cost of $25 for the dinner. Additional information is available by clicking the “Meeting Venue and Schedule,” and “Monthly Meeting Programs” tab of this website.
- Leadership opportunities – Volunteers run the section. You can earn Re-certification Units by being on a committee, attending the Section Leadership Committee (SLC) meeting. These function include arranging for the meeting place and speakers, keeping track of the membership, facilitating training session for various ASQ certifications, recording the meeting minutes at the SLC as Section Secretary, maintaining the section financial records as Section Treasure, maintaining the section website and communicating the programs to members, Additional descriptions are on the section website.
- Certifications – Through ASQ there are more than a dozen quality certifications including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, Quality Improvement Associate, Quality Mechanical Inspector, and Quality Technician. ASQ section 1212 provides training and study groups for many of these ASQ Certifications.
- Networking and Employment leads – ASQ 1212 has a LinkenIn profile that includes Discussion Groups and Employment Opportunities from local firms. At the section meeting there are opportunities to meet others in the quality field and from various industries.
- Annual Quality Congress – Our Division sponsors sessions at this May conference. We also man an information booth in the exhibit area and host a hospitality suite.
ASQ 1212 sends a monthly newsletter to your e-mail account to members (and non-members.) We urge you to sign up to by clicking the Newsletter sign up button on the sidebar of the website. Simply sign-up on the website (ASQ1212.org) by clicking the button on the sidebar, or share your email through ASQ.org and let them know that you would like to receive e-mail from ASQ 1212.
If you would like to become involved in one of these activities, just want to get better acquainted with the Section, or are looking to network with someone on a specific topic, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any of the officers and committee chairs listed on the website or at a Section meeting.
Thanks again for joining, and welcome to ASQ 1212!